Pro Tip: Replace all old yellow light bulbs in light fixtures and lamps with new white LED Bulbs!!!
The kitchen is often considered the heart of the home and is the most important room for buyers. Here are some tips for getting the best possible kitchen photography when selling your house:
- Clear off the kitchen counter
- Remove notes, magnets, and pictures from the fridge
- Hide the dishcloth and soap
- Ensure there are no dirty dishes
- Clean the stove top, counters, and floors thoroughly
- Make sure all under-counter lighting works
- Remove any unnecessary small appliances, such as toasters and blenders, from the counters to create a more spacious and clean look.
- Make sure the inside of the fridge and freezer is tidy and organized, and remove any old or expired items.
- Add a small touch of greenery, such as a vase of fresh flowers or a potted plant, to bring some life into the space.
Bathrooms are also essential areas to showcase when selling your house. Consider the following tips:
- Remove visible toothbrushes
- Provide a fresh soap bar or dispenser
- Hide all cosmetics
- Hang fresh towels on racks
- Ensure there is a full roll of toilet paper on the dispenser
- Clean everything thoroughly, including the shower and bathtub
- Replace any outdated or damaged fixtures, such as faucets or showerheads, to give the bathroom a fresh and modern look.
- Consider adding a new shower curtain or bath mat to add some color and texture to the space.
- If possible, remove any old or discolored grout and re-grout the tiles to make the bathroom look brand new.
When it comes to the living room, the goal is to make it comfortable, inviting, and relaxing. Here are some tips:
- Dust and vacuum everything
- Add a couple of decorative pillows to the couch
- Make sure lamps all work properly
- Remove any excess furniture
- Clean curtains, drapes, or blinds, and ensure they are open
- Consider rearranging the furniture to create a more open and inviting space. This may involve removing some pieces or repositioning them to create a better flow.
- Add some artwork or a decorative mirror to the walls to add some interest and personality to the room.
- If the room has a fireplace, make sure it is clean and free of any ash or debris, and add some decorative logs or candles to create a cozy atmosphere.
The dining room should be decluttered and tidy. Follow these tips:
- Keep the table, chairs, and hutch only
- Remove excess chairs
- Remove extra centerpieces from the table or make them smaller
- A flower or glass vase centerpiece is okay
- Clean everything thoroughly, including the floors and table
- Consider adding a decorative table runner or placemats to add some color and texture to the table.
- Add some ambient lighting, such as a pendant light or dimmer switch, to create a more intimate and inviting atmosphere.
- If the dining room has a large window, consider adding some light and airy curtains to let in natural light while still providing some privacy.
Pro Tip: Put all personal items away – Tooth brushes, cleaning, supplies, shower accessories…
In the master bedroom, aim for a simple and clean look. Consider these tips:
- Remove everything from the dresser top
- Keep night tables minimal
- Make sure all lights and lamps work
- Make the bed neatly with a duvet and accent pillows
- Clean curtains, drapes, or blinds, and ensure they are in good condition
- Consider adding some decorative throw pillows or a cozy throw blanket to the bed to add some texture and color to the space.
- Make sure the closet is tidy and organized, and remove any excess clothing or clutter.
- Consider adding some ambient lighting, such as a bedside lamp or dimmer switch, to create a more relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
The yard, both front and back, is crucial in creating a great first impression. Consider these tips:
- Rake leaves and clear off the driveway and sidewalk
- Cut the grass and fill in any bare patches
- Pack away all toys and tools
- Consider adding some potted plants or flowers to the front porch or entryway to create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
- If the yard has a patio or outdoor seating area, make sure it is tidy and clean, and add some outdoor cushions or pillows to make it look more inviting.
- Consider adding some outdoor lighting, such as string lights or pathway lights, to create a more magical and enchanting atmosphere in the evening.
The front driveway is also important in creating a great first impression. Here are some tips:
- Powerwash if possible
- Keep cars clear of the street and out of driveway photos
- Cut grass and rake leaves and sticks
- Pack away all trash cans, toys, tools, and hoses
- If the driveway is cracked or damaged, consider having it repaired or resurfaced to create a smooth and polished look.
- Make sure any vehicles parked in the driveway are clean and well-maintained to enhance the overall appearance of the property.
- If the driveway has any landscaping or decorative features, such as a stone border or planters, make sure they are well-maintained and add to the overall curb appeal of the property.
Pro Tip: Put away all personal items such as toothbrushes, cleaning supplies, and shower accessories. By following these tips, you can create a clean and inviting home that will attract buyers and make them fall in love with your house.
- Declutter and remove any unnecessary items from each room to create a clean and spacious look.
- Make sure all surfaces are clean and free of dust or debris.
- Consider adding some fresh flowers or plants to each room to bring some life and vitality to the space.
- Ensure all light fixtures are clean and all light bulbs are working.
- If possible, open all curtains and blinds to let in natural light and make the space feel brighter and more open.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your home is presented in the best possible light for potential buyers, and increase your chances of a successful sale. Remember, first impressions are everything, so take the time to create a warm and inviting atmosphere that will make buyers feel right at home.